Total Pageviews

Monday, January 9, 2012

Minnesota weather signals end of world as we know it? LOL, jk. I hope....

It’s awfully warm in Minnesota for January. Yesterday people were wearing t-shirts outside. I’ll admit, a t-shirt in 43 degree weather is pretty extreme, but we’re Minnesotans and anything above freezing feels like a temperate spring day to us. We refuse to wear winter coats until it is about 10 degrees; for anything above that, a warm vest or a fall jacket will suffice.
You can’t watch the news without hearing about the most recent ice fisherman that unintentionally took a polar plunge, or chat with your friends without hearing about how so-and-so’s ice house went through the ice. Skiiers, snowboarders and snowmobilers alike lament the lack of snowpack. Even when the wet stuff comes, it’ll take a while to catch up to where we should be. My brand new cross-country skis mock me as they lean against my dresser. I haven’t even bothered to wax my downhill skis or dig out my winter gloves.
I think this probably means one of two things: global warming is real or the world will really end on Dec 21, 2012 as the Mayans predicted. Or maybe, global warming will cause the world to end? Or maybe, the world won’t actually end, but life as we know it will change so dramatically as a result of climate change that 2012 will signify the end of the world as we know it... eh? Eh?
Hmmm.... well, I don’t know about you, but I sure could use a longer tanning season.

No comments:

Post a Comment