Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The beginning of the end...

...of wedding planning. I know I should be happy, happy to have my free time back, happy to have my sanity back, happy to have something to talk about other than the wedding...

but, as much as I hate to admit it, I'm already sort of dreading August 5th. For months I've felt like a celebrity. My friends call and text me on a daily or weekly basis. I'm the center of attention in many conversations. Everyone wants to hear about the latest wedding plans. What am I doing about seating arrangements? What will my centerpieces look like? Have I seen this or that idea on pinterest?

It's been awesome. Everyone comes together to celebrate you and your significant other; you feel so loved; it's such a high. I have LOVED planning. Despite the ridiculous pressure pinterest has added to the already insane wedding scene, I enjoy cutting burlap, DIYing programs, tying napkins in raffia, stamping to my hearts content, scouring craigslist for jars, frequenting thrift stores for plates.... sigh.

I've loved the time spent with my sisters, mom, Drew, friends and family throughout the planning process.

Come August 5th I'll be old news. Instead of asking me about the wedding people will start asking me "so, when do  you think you'll have children?"

It'll all be reduced to memories, stories and pictures.

I'm fully expecting post-wedding depression. Right now I don't really even remember what I thought about or talked about six months ago.

But for now, I guess I'll continue to let the anticipation build. I really can't wait, I know it will be a wonderful day, and of course, life with Andrew will be the real reward!

Excuse my brutal honesty here, but hey, if your writing isn't honest then what's the point? I'm off to sleep, where I'm sure I'll be tossing and turning trying to make sure all the t's are crossed and the i's are dotted.

No comments:

Post a Comment